A one day workshop outlining strategies to maximise resources, save $$$'s and lives!
Do you work in Local or State Government Animal Management? This event is for you!
This workshop will provide you with simple, cost effective, evidence based strategies that can:
- Improve the use of resources
- Increase outcomes for cat management
- Make the workplace more rewarding for the animal management team
World renowned Shelter Medicine specialists from the Koret Shelter Medicine Programme (University of California Davis), Drs Kate Hurley and Denae Wagner, have kindly agreed to share their knowledge with the Australian companion animal management sector. All Council staff responsible for animal management and care are encouraged to attend. Learn how to achieve positive financial and animal outcomes, resource efficiency and DAM Plan objectives.
Expected outcomes from the workshop:
- Financial impact of dealing with stray/surrendered cats/kittens
- Emotional cost of euthanasia for the organisation, community, animals, staff
- Importance of disease control
- Importance of animal housing and how simple changes can make a huge improvement
- Importance of partnerships with other organisations.
- Shelter/pound costs & save $10,000s
- The number of impounded stray cats/ kittens
- Euthanasia and still achieve positive outcomes
Hands on demonstration of portal installation - the #1 way to make a difference to feline welfare
- Understanding changing community expectations
- Building relationships across the industry
- Improving public health
- Importance of responsible pet ownership
- Reduced nuisance calls/complaints
A shipment of cat housing equipment will accompany them, specifically designated for demonstration purposes at the workshops. To find out more about Drs Hurley and Wagner go to www.sheltermedicine.com/about/our-personnel
If you do not work in Local or State Government and would like to attend this event please email the Secretary to be placed on a waiting list.
The registration fee includes morning and afternoon tea and lunch including vegetarian options. If you have other dietary requirements please contact the Secretary.
Proudly sponsored by: