On Friday the 16th June 2017 AIAM participated in a very successful partnership opportunity with the Municipal Association of Victoria, RSPCA Victoria and the Australian Veterinary Association Victorian Branch.
A free forum on best practice domestic animal management was coordinated and attended by over 100 animal management officers, team leaders and supervisors.
The forum was held at the Education Centre RSPCA Victoria and included the following presentations;
- Opportunities to partner / collaborate with local vets – AVA Victorian Division
- Update on Victorian Government animal management and animal welfare reforms – Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR)
- Successful strategies from Council and RSPCA Victoria case studies to;
- increase rates of registration
- improve return home rates
- reduce euthanasia of domestic cats and dogs
Feedback from the day has been fantastic, in particular the use of an SMS Wall providing attendees the chance to ask questions and post comments throughout the day and it is hoped (and has been requested) that more days like this are forthcoming in the near future.